ANCASTER BLITZ BASKETBALL
A Rep Basketball Club for Boys and Girls
Offering players and coaches a transparent, engaging and supportive club. The primary mission of the Ancaster Blitz Basketball Club is to promote and continue the development of young players as it relates to the fundamentals of basketball, sportsmanship and athletic competition in accordance with their individual ability and aspirations, with the goal of developing the players on the basketball court today into the leaders of our local communities tomorrow.
Change of date of the 2nd U15 Girls Tryout (updated Sat Aug 24)
2. U13 Girls Team has been selected - No tryouts will be held (updated Thurs Aug 29). With this news, we encourage any interested U13 girls to try out for one of our two U14 girls teams. Both teams are looking for players!
3. NEW TEAM ADDED - we are now confirmed with a 2nd U14 Boys Team - they will be running joint tryouts with the #1 team. Tryout schedule under rep teams page (updated Tuesday Sept 3).
4. U15 Boys 2nd Tryout - second tryout is by invite only - please see note on Rep Teams page (updated Wed Sept 4).
5. U17-19 BOYS - TRYOUT CANCELLED FOR THURSDAY SEPT 12. TEAM HAS BEEN SELECTED. (UPDATED SEPT 12)
6. U14 BOYS TEAM #2 - ADDITIONAL TRYOUT ADDED - MON SEPT 16 - HOLY NAME OF MARY 7:30-8:30 PM. ENTER THE GYM THROUGH TROUGH THE SCHOOL YARD (NORTH SIDE) USING THE SIDE GYM DOORS (updated Sat Sept 14).
BLITZ 2018-2019 IN PICTURES
BLITZ BASKETBALL IN THE COMMUNITY
In the 2018-2019 season, the blitz donated the collection from our uniform night/canned food drive to a local hs (St. thomas more) and their famous ‘we scare hunger’ halloween food drive. the blitz also made a financial contribution to this great cause as well. along with this, the blitz donated, financially, to several school’s co-instructional programs, best buddies programs and two local HS tournaments.
durIng 2017-2018 Season, BLITZ BASKETBALL DONATED $850 TO OUR 13 PARTNER SCHOOLS TO BE USED AS GRAD AWARDS/MVPs FOR DESERVING STUDENTS as well as free entries to our camps and house league to deserving players as chosen by their schools. THE BLITZ ALSO DONATED ANOTHER $1200 TO LOCAL SCHOOL PROGRAMS SUCH AS BEST BUDDIES, cancer assistance, FOOD DRIVES AND OTHER SCHOOL/COMMUNITY NEEDS. AS WELL, $500 AND 500 POUNDS OF FOOD WERE DONATED TO ANCASTER COMMUNITY SERVICES THROUGH OUR 'DINNER FOR A CAUSE NIGHT' HOSTED BY COACH HANN AND HIS U13 BOYS TEAM. THANK YOU TO LONE STAR (MEADOWLANDS) FOR HOSTING AND THEIR FINANCIAL SUPPORT.
BLITZ BASKETBALL - 2017-18 SEASON IN PICS
THANK YOU TO THE POWERADE BRAND TEAM AND MONSTER ENERGY FOR ONCE AGAIN DONATING A MICROTECH TOWEL AND SQUEEZE GRIP WATER BOTTLE TO EVERY BLITZ PLAYER IN OUR ORGANIZATION! THANKS TO COACH LESLIE FOR OVERSEEING THIS.